Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Very Good Week


Spencer Hasn't Learned to Use his Camera Yet


I had a very good week. My boys here have been saying "we are in the business of saving lives!" (few good men). Were actually in the business of saving souls; but I got the first aid merit badge and maybe I will have the chance to save a life or two.
 

So, 10:15 pm is quiet time here and we are supposed to be all ready for bed by 10:30. Thankfully our room is really great about going to bed on time - probably because we are exhausted (although I did get in trouble one night for reading my scriptures out in the hall too late). But the other rooms of elders aren't so good at getting in bed on time and they normally make some ruckus until we tell them to go to bed. One of the nights this week we were in bed and then above the sound of the usual turmoil outside we heard two elders screaming. I ran out and there was a fight in the hall because someone was upset that someone else hadn't shown up for the service project that day (what in the world)? The one that hadn't shown up at the service project was swearing and then started to throw punches. We broke up the fight and then tried to figure out what was happening. This guy started yelling at us and saying it wasn't our business. Of course it was our business - it is quite hard to have any sort of spirit while reading my scriptures with two guys screaming down the hall. We reminded this guy that he was a missionary and that he needed to cool it and think about why he is here. This guy was fuming and I knew if he punched me, I would just have to take it (at least to an extent). I saw him the next day talking to his Branch President and he was back at the temple that Sunday standing on the fountains.

Our teachers are both sisters and one of them is married. The one who isn't married looks like Shaye Bunker. These two teachers are pretty much the only girls I have talked to in the last 3 weeks. I was eating my dinner one night and 2 new sisters in our zone came and sat down to talk to me. As it turns out, I am already awkward around girls.  I didn’t think that would happen so fast.

I have been wondering what the history of the Nephites would have looked like if Laman and Lemuel had died in the wilderness before having children?

I have a picture of you (Mom & Dad) in your twenties. An elder came into our room and said "you look a lot like your parents." So that’s a big compliment to you both ;)

Thanks a ton for the box. I have already made good use of the super glue.


I love you both - give my best to the siblings.

 
-your son

No comments:

Post a Comment