Monday, July 1, 2013

More Pictures Than Words



I apologize that I have more pictures than words today.
I just looked at all the Italy pics! It would have been fun to be there with you. Congrats to Will on going to the Temple today. He is an incredible spirit.

Previously we couldn’t go into our area without a member but now we are free to serve as our feet desire.  There are certain areas that are to be avoided at certain hours but the rest is great.  The only real danger is the hundreds of stray mutts with rabies and fleas strewn about them.   This area is poorer which results in more slang and slurred speech so the Spanish is harder to understand. 

In my last area there was a family that I got pretty close to. They have a son and daughter that are in Utah right now. They had some visa probs and need to fly to Texas. They are going to call you this week to ask about the airline.  Also the parents are going to Utah at the end of July and wondered if they could stop by and say hi.      

Dad asked about the temperature.  It is low to mid 90’s. It is cloudy today and I don’t think we have much humidity. But we did have three minutes of rain.
 
 

I want you to know that I love the missionary work here and I wish so badly that I had let the gospel really soak into me before I came out here. I didn’t do that as much as I should have but all I can do is press forward and be better. I love reading the talks that you sent me. I wish I knew this stuff before I came out here.  But, that isn’t how it works. It is interesting how our perception of life can get twisted. I feel like I have been blessed to progress rapidly with the Spanish and I feel good about the fact that we have worked really hard in our area. I am fortunate that they changed the mission age so that I could get out here.

 
Sorry for the short note but I really have to go. Thanks so much for everything.  

Love you,

Elder Speen
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment