Friday, October 3, 2014

Try to identify the Mexicans?



I love missing Lake Powell trips....but glad that it went great for you guys.  

It looks like I will be coming home on the 29th of January - so don’t plan something for that day. 

That makes me sad for Reed, but I definitely would have taken advantage of that open question time. 

The craziness was that last night we had the transfer calls, and both my comp and I are being transferred!  They are closing many areas because of the large group of missionaries finishing their missions. But that meant we had to get everything ready for the other missionaries in the area next door that were going to eat our area; lots of people to call. We had 8 people getting ready to get baptized very soon - so we are hoping that the new elders visit them and that nothing falls through the cracks - but that is how it goes.


My old comp and I are sitting in the same internet cafe an hour from the old area with our new comps one either side. We were called to the same district.  The area is called San Pedro. It is the city where that earthquake happened and that wall fell on that car if you remember. 

We went to the mission offices this week which is always super fun and disorienting because it is all big buildings and city life there and we are used to neighborhoods. President is replacing the male missionary secretaries with female full time ones that are from the ages 30-70. They are pretty cool gals, but somewhat overwhelmed since they have only been there a few weeks. My comp asked one how she felt and she immediately started baring her testimony in the Young Women General Board voice saying how she has felt the spirit so strong and she knows what she is doing is right.....aka she is pretty stressed, but they were all great and will get the hang of it pretty quick.

We made yummy french toast. Rob and Steve sent me letters so I want to write them a thank you.


Try to identify which ones are the Mexicans?



No comments:

Post a Comment