Monday, September 23, 2013

Bad Water



Well – don’t drink the wáter here. The stomach problems wouldn’t go away but I kept thinking it would pass.  Wednesday night was the low point.  The loss of electrolytes made me pretty dizzy. We prayed that we would be able to have a day of work.  I bought some Gatorade and Pepto and I felt a lot better. My comp told the Hermana that we ate with that I was sick and she was all worried and anxious about it. They are so nice here. She told us to call Hermana Flores to get permission to see a doctor.  I thought we will give it a few more days to see what happens.  By some miracle I was fine all day and we had great lessons. But that night as we got in things deteriorated. So my comp took the pone and said if you won’t call, I will. He called Hermana Flores. We saw the doctor and I had a stomach infection. He gave me the meds, which are super cheap here. Yay - Mexico. I was totally fine the next day. Parras water - not clean.

Our house has had Elder’s living here for ten years. I think we did its first deep clean in 10 years and maybe the first cleaning – period. We found all sorts of treasures.  We filled 2 large black bags with junk. We also fixed the boiler.  We bought a bunch of chemicals and went to work. We were able to restore things to their natural color.


 
Yesterday we got a call that there was going to be a broadcast satellite that we all needed to attend. Our chapel couldn’t receive the connection so we had to go to San Pedro. The broadcast turned out to be something like a Stake Conference in lower Mexico. It was a 3 hour drive but it was ok because we slept at the district leaders’ house and we are good buds. We played soccer this morning for our district activity.      

Hannah’s wedding looked pretty stellar from the photos. 


It was cold on Friday and that puppy by my foot was wet and freezing. So while we were contacting it came over and laid down to get warm.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment