Monday, September 9, 2013

Nap Time . . . . . I mean Siesta


Is that a light by the back tire?

My new area is quite incredible.  I just stared out the window with mouth open as we went from desert fields to an instant oasis.  It would probably seem dry to Meish and Meg, but after Torreón, which has its own beauty, it is so Green. We eat the pomegranates off the side of the Street as we walk. The main growing season has passed but normally there is an abundance of hanging grapes as well. We played soccer this morning with our district, which has no hermanas, because the other areas are really sketch.  But my area is so calm. I probably won’t have many good stories for the next few months.

I am working out and am helping my comp do the same. He has some health issues with his legs.  But he is real tough. You said that many of them have a lot harder histories than us.  It has blown my mind how true that has been.  I have heard the craziest stories.

 

So Elder Singly is in our zone.  We had zone conference yesterday and because our area is 3 hours away (which was awful because I drank too much water before the trip) and the bus leaves only once per day, we had some time to kill before the conference. We went to the apartment of Elder Singly. He is solid and he has been a very obedient missionary and it has showed. He is heading home in 6 weeks.  


Elder Solario
 
Thanks for sending the talk by President Hinckley on the Castañeda family. I had listened to that talk by President Hinckley but I hadn’t made the connection. They are a very great family. They are always generous and willing to help with our work. They radiate purity and a friendly demeanor. I am very stoked that you got to meet them.

I wish you could see the changes in people that I get to see. But, I know you saw similar things on your missions.  Yesterday we visited a Hermana who used to smoke big old cigars. She has now been clean for a month and is scheduled to be baptized on Meisha’s birthday. Our neighbors are young parents (19 & 20) and they have a 2 year old daughter. He is a janitor and they sell hamburgers on the weekend to get by. Now they are on the path to marriage and they have the church in their lives to guide them.

We use the bible videos of Christ and the apostles. I recommend them.  

Love you and miss you,

Speen

Elder Singley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment