Monday, December 9, 2013

Primary Program in Spanish



No transfers here! It will be Christmas in Parras. I will be able to get on Skype whenever it works for Meg on either the 24th or 25th. Let me know what works best for you.

Yesterday in church I got to see my first primary program in Spanish. There are 5 girls in the primary - three of which will graduate this year. Their numbers are small but they nailed it. The mother of one of the girls’ is less active and she looked very contemplative as she watched her little girl sing about the Savior and give a corresponding message. 
  
Last night we took Christopher to the Christmas program. I had invited him the day before and he accepted. Ha, I said to him "the prophets and apostles are going to speak." Oops, He thought I meant they were going to speak in the building here in Parras. The best part of the whole thing was that he got a better sense of the scale of the church. Before this, his sense of the church was two teenage boys and the 60 members here in Parras. When he saw the cameras pan across the inside of the conference center, he looked shocked. The laptop that they used didn't have a great popup blocker, so in the middle of one of the talks we got a Mario Bros. pop-up. Ha - but he really enjoyed it.



This morning we took him to the library to watch the Joseph Smith video and several of the new Christ videos.  I love these new ones.  The actor looks a bit like Christian Hales.  The last one had something going on with his chin and forehead. The new ones are serious and very well done. 

We often get asked about the polygamy issue. They say “you Mormons have lots of women and wives.” I laugh and say “nope – look:” (I show them a picture of the fam). “See, I only have one mom.” Sometimes they ask if my sisters are my other mothers. =) ha nope.  Then I say “but I love my mom and she does a ton for the family.  It would be just great to have a few moms just like her in the house. They laugh and always drop it.

Well, I have to take off.  

Love you all.   


Speen

No comments:

Post a Comment