Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christopher is Close

Hobbit Portal


I am so glad you heard back from Elizabeth.  That is fantastic! Did you write her back?

Christopher is ready to be baptized. He just has to have his interview.  His school teacher is the son of one of our investigators. He said that he knows Christopher well and that he used to be someone of a troubled kid but 2 months ago he really started to change.  He asked us when we started to teach Christopher and we said two months ago.  He told us “well there you go.” He said Christopher is now focusing well in school and is a happier kid.  

Mr. So & So.... =)
Spencer Humor

Yesterday it hailed here.

A great thing about Parras is that the Baker-man member brings these large rolls for the sacrament bread and there are not a lot of members so we get huge chunks.  I think this is what it means it 3 nephi 18 that they ate and were filled.

One year ago we were in Puerto Rico. Gosh - that was one of the best vacations:

·         Coconut falling on my head, owen dying laughing
·         Coconut destroying sandcastle game
·         Meg’s birthday
·         Rope swing- scary homeless guy that turned out to be super nice and protective
·         Drive on the windy road in the mountains
·         Corn flavored ice cream
·         Snorkeling from a Little tin boat 

One night I had a ton of extra energy (maybe I had eaten too much sugar or was stressed about the upcoming mission and I took off on a run down the beach without shoes.  I ran and ran until the beach ran out. Then I ran on the road. I had a pack of dogs’ chase me at several points and I had drunk men yell at me.  I got back to the house super tired and I slept very well.   I have thought about that run a lot - maybe because it was the only time in 2013 that I really got to go running.  Sure, I ran laps in the MTC on a round a track with my first comp. I run from dogs all the time here, but it just isn’t the same as just taking off at night with no destination and going until you can’t run anymore.  It’s probably the thing, apart from people, that I miss more than anything. It was my way of dropping stress.



Our new missión president will be coming in July. His name is Alejandro Ramos Rivera
 There is an Elder here from South America here. They don’t have milk where he comes from and from the first moment he tried it here he loved it. When he had his first cambios (sorry i dont remember the Word it english) he carried the milk that he had left to the next área, because it was precious and he thought that he wouldn’t be able to find it in the next área. I don’t think the milk he took would taste too great but I am pretty sure they had milk in his next area.



I have to take off
Loves to you all
Speen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment