Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder Gutierez


My comp was pretty sick with a stomach infection in his first week here so he was on some meds which made him pretty stressed and emotional. So, the first part of the week was quite fun (not)   but after Thursday things mellowed out and we are good buds now

It is warming up now.  My comp just got here a couple months ago from Ecuador and it feels super cold here to him.  He is a great Elder.  When I was training, I was carrying the pack; now it is even and we push each other so it is all good.

This past week, one of the older men in the Ward was teaching the class was using a talk by Elder Dubes in the Liahona. He pointed at my comp and at Elder Dube and said he is probably from Ecuador as well.   haha I said or maybe Africa. 

Some of the oldest vineyards in Mexico are here

We visited a man and he said that he had been visited by Jesús in his dreams a year ago and that he left his face on the Wall. Afterwards, the man put it in frame and made a shrine out of it. This is a pic of it. Actually, you can really see it - kind of. 


Every year thousands of motorcycles come here for a weekend for the bendición de cascos, or blessing of the helmets. A priest blesses them and then they ride around and drink beer and other great things.  Every year people die coming or going or falling of their bike drunk. That culture is so weird. The girls are expected to just side behind holding on to their stud muffin bearded man and look pretty.

When my comp was sick, we went to the hospital and we were greeted by man nurse which I thought at first looked like Howie from Benchwarmers. But he turned out to be a great guy and an inactive Mormon.  I thought he had a man crush on me because he couldn’t stop looking at me; but it turns out it is just that I am a spitting image of the Elder that baptized him and looking at me made him remember the gospel.

I passed by Texas Man’s house to meet my new comp. When he saw Elder Gutierez he asked "is this your new assistant?"  =) Nice. 

I gots to go.  Thanks a bazillion for the letters and fotos 

love ya




No comments:

Post a Comment