Monday, May 26, 2014

Wolf


Well, we had transfers. We do it here in weeks 4 and 6 and today is week 6. Very surprisingly, they called us last night and told us my comp would be moving on today.  My new comp is named Elder Lobo (wolf).
I don’t know if I told you about a man we have been teaching. He contacted us on the street two weeks ago and wanted to change his life around. He works in a car repair shop and it is a tough environment, and he said he was the black sheep of the group. His family has torn itself apart.  Everything we give to him to read he tears through. He is reading through the Book of Mormon on his own initiative. We had just left a chapter. We talked about repentance and he told us that he went and asked his wife for forgiveness. In his work, all the other men now respect the standards he is trying to live. We haven’t really done much. We just show up and mostly listen to him. We throw in several comments and at the end teach a very short principle. He really just needed direction and support. His heart was soft and God had already prepared him and he has accepted it readily. It is the quickest and largest change in a person that I have seen on the mish.

I don’t know if I told you but Robb and Sara both sent me mail over the last few weeks. It would be great if you thank them for me.


Other things from the week:
A special needs man in the ward got uncomfortably close and then touched my thigh.  Yikes!  A member saved me and my comp rushed over and explained that the guy is notorious for touching the private sector. Scary music!
One day I was walking and the whomping willow de torreon came from out of nowhere and thumped me on the head. Really, that tree came out of nowhere. I didn’t see it coming . . . . and I went down.  I was on exchanges and my comp in that area saw me go down and had to sit down he was crying laughing.

Love you all,


Speen


No comments:

Post a Comment