Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Digs


We switched areas with the Sister missionaries last Monday because their area was "dangerous." They will continue living in their old house because it already sits within our old area. We were going to a new house. The zone leaders were the one in charge of finding a new house in this area but were having a hard time accomplishing that and because of the pressure to do the exchange on Monday, they accepted the first on they found.  Yippie =)  
well it turns out the most dangerous part of the house are the ants.  They have a colony under our house and swarmed the new comers like philistines.   I woke up one night to them squirming all over me. We had to take precautions with our food, because they went at any sign of a crumb. This is a pic of the bread that my comp taped to the door to keep it from being swarmed for the third time.  We bought poison and went to work. Pretty soon we had piles of dead ants filling the corner of our house. V for Victory!!!

The house also doesn't have "protection" which refers to the metal bars which every house has here so that people cant rob the house. when i first got mexico i thought that that was weird and unnecessary. now I am dying to have it. we are thinking about buying a rooster to defend the house, because we don't want a dog. =D 


On Friday i had exchanges with Elder Jimenez. He Looks just like my bud Hefe Martinez. He is a super smart guy. He graduated from high school when he was 15. Super solid.


My comp is great. We are easy friends.  One thing though that i find funny about him is that he believes every missionary/Mormon wives tale and is always telling me them. =D  He also exaggerates them and makes some up so I didn't want to be left behind so jumped onto the bandwagon and started trying to one up him. Now every time that he tells me one I throw out one of my own, about how "the time when the missionaries apartment burned down and they barely made it out alive and on inspection every part of their skin was burned except where their garments covered!"    he eats it up!    He is also super in love with Megan.  ha and he wanted her email. I wasn't so sure if she would want that so I gave him sam leathams email saying that that is her nickname and she has a different father so different last name.  I try to avoid lying in general, but sometimes i postpone the truth....=)

we knocked on a door and nobody answered so we knocked a little louder and we hear " I'm coming" shouted from one of the rooms inside. seconds later a teen age boy showed up at the door having just ran out from his shower, sopping wet and covered in soap in a towel.  haha

We were knocking on a door last week and a youth from across the street came over to us and started talking to us. My comp went on with the conversation like normal so i thought he knew him, then we asked if we could share a quick message. one the way over my comp came me the face: "do you know this kid?"   ha nope. well he is a member but hasn't gone to church for a year since his mom and siblings went to Texas.  he is 21 years old and lives alone in his house which is a nice house so he is set. we took him to church with us and he really enjoyed himself.
We eat with members for lunch everyday, but the problem is that the families are in the other part of the ward most of the time and so we have to take the bus. the ride straight from our house wouldn't take that long but we take a huge detour so we get a good half hour ride. I read most of the time but the buses are super rattly so sometimes it just doesn't work so i take advantage and catch up on my sleep....until it rattles me out of my seat. =)

Its pretty nuts here with the world cup. We get updates from the children.   I don't really know why but all of the children call me poncho here which is the nick name for fransisco. 
I held the intereiw for Eulalio. He will be baptized on my birthday! woot woot
We had a meeting with President this week. He is taking off in 15 days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment