Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Birthday



Happy Fathers Day Dad! Many times, it takes living without something to really begin to appreciate its worth. But, this is one of the biggest blessing that the mission has provided me. I have been able to realize in particular how big of a blessing I have been given to have been born to Smokey the Bear and Dino the Dinosaur.  I must have been a top notch guy in the preexistence to have been sent to this treasure trove for parents.  I am looking forward to quite a bit of golf with my ol`pops in 2015.

This week Eulaio was baptized. The second interview was very enjoyable.  He is finishing up Alma right now in the scriptures and is already seeing his family reform itself.  He asked me if after the baptism he could have some time to offer a personal prayer and thank God for what he has given him. He was baptized by one of my favorite members in the area. So it was a fun one. 



One of our investigators was talking to his friend about us and the friend said, "hey watch out for them missionaries, they just want to baptize you because they receive 1000 Pesos for every baptism." The investigator thought about it and said to us, "well if its true at the very least you could give me 20 percent!"   ha

The bishop is a solid man here and one thing that is great is that he often refers to himself as "the bishop." He speaks in the 3rd person: "The bishop is hungry."  "The bishop needs to head out now because he has a meeting."

For the B-day we bought pizza and a neighbor / less active member that we are reactivating came over and we had a good time. We kicked him out after a short time and went to bed at 10:30! ha






  
Half of the group is the pres of the relief society and her husband - the elders quorum president. They are practically the only members in our area (the sister missionaries have them all on their half) but they are some of my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment