Monday, July 14, 2014

Ants and a 3-legged Race



This week:

On Friday I had a baptismal interview with a man who is an ex-soldier.  But about ten years ago he became paralyzed in an accident. He is a salesman and knows his trade. At one point in the interview I rubbed my eyes because my contacts were dry and he took advantage and started trying to advertise certain products that he sells. Ha, apparently he does it with the elders every time he visits them. It was a very fun interview. We had it in his house, and it took us an hour to walk there. On the way we took a short cut via a way that we had never taken before and a huge farm was there that was hidden away from view by tumble weeds and brush - a fun green surprise.

We bought Bug killer and totally dominated them ants in our apartment.   Ha - it was actually a great victory. The problem was that the mosquitoes heard that the ants had vacated the real estate and they moved in. They particularly like the Latins. At nights they went almost exclusively after my comp and he was withering around while I was snoring away, and I woke completely refreshed and looked over and he looked at me appearing completely exhausted and I said "what?"   Ha – that is why you shouldn’t eat sugar before bed. 

We often get mail from the "church´s most wanted" list. I sent a pic of one of those emails I had received a year ago. Well, last week they moved next door to the elders in our District. Ha - they aren’t super dangerous but it says watch out. So, we will be watching out. They go to church and try to sell stuff to the members. They use the same names as before. The page says that it should be posted on the bulletin of the ward. It isn’t currently; but imagine walking into church and seeing your face on a warning announcement. I suggested in the ward council meeting that we blow it up huge and put in on a cardboard frame and put Christmas lights around the edge. 



We found a couple here. She is member but hasn't gone to church for 15 years. He was showing me how he used to stretch and do push-ups.  He didn't want to go to church and said several times that he would not go. Then I asked at the end of the lesson if we could take a photo together. He was so flattered that he said: "what time is church,"  and said he wanted to go. Sure enough walked through the doors Sunday.

We are buddies with all of the local kids here. This one in particular follows us around. We were going to the church for an interview and he wanted to go.  His fam is now listening to the lessons and his mom got pretty emotional. 


We had a three legged race during a zone meeting. My comp and I totally....lost. Yup last place. We actually fell and crawled most of the ways. A couple of champs we are.

Other crazy news: I had to start shaving every day this week.  Stinks.  Just my stash and chin though. 

This week I also found and ate my first wild banana! They have a lot of plants here but they are always super green. Meish is all like "wow, how  incredible. You ate a banana. I did that like everyday."  And i´m all like "wait a minute." (with Canadian Border Patrol accent)  

Well I got's to go

Love,

Me






No comments:

Post a Comment