Monday, July 28, 2014

Maricela & Nely


Dang, I am super sad that I wasn't there for the Warren Maw show. Love that guy. 

Maricela & Nely were baptized yesterday! It actually was somewhat dramatic. The older daughter threw a fit and didn´t want to go and support her mom and sister. This got the dad flared up and he started making claims that it would tear the family apart and that Nely wasn’t ready because she didn’t act well (sweetest little girl I have ever met). Eternal credit to Maricela; she said that she had a commitment with God and was going with or without her family. All but the other daughter went. When we saw them Nely was crying and there was definitely some contention so we started talking with them and they all calmed down and the husband agreed to support her baptism. The other stress was that we had arranged to have someone go early to fill of the font and he did, but then an hour before the baptism a different hermano saw that the water was sort of (not really) dirty and emptied it. We got there and had to fill it and it barely finished 5 mins before the ordinance; but it did make it!  One of the highlights was that they had Eulalio share his testimony and he gave a rousing 2 minute hand-hitting the podium sermon. It actually was very strong, and he told me after that he was shaking he was so nervous to give it. I’m proud of him.   



7/21/14
I am so excited about that new exercise equipment. I don’t really fit my pants anymore; too many greasy tacos.


I’m stoked that my pops and Obo and are at Steiner. We have family tradition there. From Gramps and his buds throwing the counselors in the lake; Gregg pushing one in the lake and hiding behind dad, and I had my own mischief....

Thanks for the Gaffigan quotes!  ha



Yesterday was super hot and humid and I told my comp it would rain. We were in a lesson and large drops started falling slowly and then within 1 min it was as if there was a massive bucket that had been turned upside down in the heavens.  It doesn’t rain a lot here in Torreon but when it does.... It is nuts. It only lasted 20 min but all of the streets were completely flooded and water started entering the houses and cars. It was actually fantastic at the climax of the rain we were sharing the first vision with the family so it was super intense! Our voices rose with the sound of the rain.  

Maricela and Nely are getting baptised this week! Woot Woot. There seems to be more baptisms in the summer.



A woman seemed to not notice that I have been shaving everyday like a big boy and told me that I have a baby face. My comp died laughing and tells everyone....   haha punk. I am thinking about declaring war like I did with Cate after she pantsed me in public and was then hit by a barrage of pranks.



We went and taught a super Christian man. We sang a hymn at the beginning but he didn’t want us to think we were in charge so he said "my turn" and then we listened to one of his Christian songs from his Ipod.  ha 

One of the busses we were riding had a bad fuse so the driver hotwired it ever 5 minutes. He had it all worked out and apart from the sparks and near explosion, it was really cool.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment