Monday, May 20, 2013

New Apartment



 
"We got no food, we got no money, and our pets’ heads are falling off!"  

-          Loyd Christmas (Dumb and Dumber)   


This week we moved into a new house that was not previously used by missionaries. We had to buy all of the supplies and we didn’t have time to go to the mission office to get reimbursed. So, we went for a few days with no food or money and we don’t have pets, but

I have seen plenty of animals on the side of the streets whose heads have fallen off.  

I met the Mexican version of Hannah Jenkins this week (exact same person). She was way cool but it was blowing my mind the entire conversation. Also, I saw the Mexican Colonel Sanders. 

 

We got together with our zone this week and the other Elders in the zone were all awkward around the new Hermanas.  Ha

I also learned that Mexicans like their pizzas with ketchup. ha wha?   And I don’t mean a little bit of ketchup.

The gospel gets truer every week. My ignorance seems to grow the more I study (It is actually pretty fun to find out how much I didn’t know that I didn’t know).  

 

There is a Hermana here that has been surrounded by drugs, death, and a rebellious extended family. Everyone around her except her little boy has been involved in bad stuff. Through all of this she found the gospel and she is one of the greatest Saints I know. We had lunch with her this week and I asked her if we could help with her yard. She speaks decent broken English and got all excited to have our help. I am excited to help her. 

 

 
I have a picture of our family and some of the other missionaries (all under five feet tall) were playing eni-meeny-mini-mo to determine which of my sisters there were going to marry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment