Monday, February 24, 2014

Back to Torreon



      
I am back in Torreon.  Change is good but I had a good run in Parras. Now I have a new area with new people and new views. But, we can smell the landfill every morning as the wind pushes the odor toward us.   

My comp is great. Like all my comps, he has faced some challenges in life but he is very solid. 

On my one year anniversary we taught 8 lessons!  I haven’t ever had 8 lessons in one day. 

I am buddies with one of the Zone Leaders and he is in our district. There is also a new guy from Idaho. His family owns a very large ranch and his family is big into rodeo.  He seems like a stud.

This morning I made rice mixed with eggs and French fries that I found in the fridge and my comp said they weren't his. I normally make my own salsa, but i found some natural stuff in the small shop outside our house and that is super yum.  The Cholula is good but it is hard to get out of the bottle.  You look like you are going crazy shaking that thing and two drops fall out.

Every Sunday they have a super long Mexi market on the street outside our apartment. We fell asleep last night listening to Spanish pop music.


Luke 14:28 has a comment for people that don’t finish building their houses.

Word of the week: abofetear. ha funny word

This week I saw some Mexican look-a-likes:
   -98 year old Halli Berry
   -Jafar in Aladdin when he dresses up like an old man in the jail
    -Our ward mission leader looks like Dustin Hoffman 
   
A hermana accidently sent me a message that said "hey cutie here ya go 898776384." she was embarrassed when she figured it out.

Before I left Parras, the mission sent us the furniture for Parras 2.  They sent 5 bed bases. haha what?!  We needed 2. To get them in our second story apartment I lifted one in the air while another Elder grabbed it from the balcony. Then I had to sprint up the stairs and help hoist it over the railing and into the house. Good workout!

Did you know “padre” is slang for awesome here. I agree.

Speen




No comments:

Post a Comment