Monday, March 3, 2014

Elder Pacheco


The kid looks like he is freaked out that there is a big whitey on his bike, but he was actually super excited and we rode around a bit. He stood on the pegs – I drove. “lucky" (napoleon dynamite)

They called me last night and guess what I had transfers again. They sent me to be the district leader in Gomez Palacio.  Today has been a party. We got to the bus station and my 5 best mission buddies were there. The mission is fun right now.

One of my good buddies is also in my district. My comp is a stud and has all the vids of Insanity on his USB - so it looks like we will be losing some of the tacos on my legs this transer =).   There is an elder in my district named Elder Roberts. He lived in Bountiful and knows Bryan and Steph Tagge.

The week before i got to the area a man signaled the Elders and asked for a copy of a Book of Mormon. He had been searching the bible and had a question: If God is not a respector of persons, then why does he always have a chosen people? In his search he found material about Jose Smith and started to study more. I love teaching this guy. He went to church with us this week and after the meeting he asked me super casually if we planned to baptize him now or later. Haha 


Elder Pacheco and I had drinking a bit too much soda last night and we couldn’t sleep - so we stayed up playing cards and pool.  haha i love you guys. #box=myfamilyisdabest

One of the Hermanas in the area has a dog that was hit by a car. In a frantic state she called us and begged us to give her dog a blessing. I don’t know exactly what the protocol with that is but we told her that we could definitely say a prayer with her.  Unfortunately, the dog died two days later.  

One of the men I was teaching in Parras has a house in Torreon and would go there every week. His family lived there but he had to be apart from them at times for work.   Well, what do you know but we got home to our apartment Thursday night and we found him eating outside the restaurant on the side of our apartment. Ha he gave me a hug and we went to visit him.
  

On Sunday after Sacrament meeting I learned that every fourth Sunday of the month - the adults join together in a class that the missionaries teach. The other missionaries forgot to mention that and I was a bit surprised when they asked me and my comp to teach it. There were about 50 adults, so that was a shock.  But, it actually went very smoothly. We shared stories and insights and the hour passed very quickly. After a year in the mission, teaching for an hour isn’t quite as daunting as it would have been in 2012.

Love you all,


Speen

No comments:

Post a Comment