Monday, March 24, 2014

Fixing Stuff


We had a lot of paperwork this week so I am short on time. 

Elizabeth emailed me and told e that she has been going to church for a month now! Best news of the week.

This week I went on exchanges with the new American elder in my district. He went to Bouniful high. Our district is 4 elders and 3 hermanas. The other two elders are in our ward and their area is very close to ours. We eat with them at the members' houses every day and we play sports with them every Monday - so we are super tight with them.  This morning we played soccer then we played ultimate spoons which was killer fun.  

I also had exchanges with my zone leader.  He is from Guatamala and we stayed up until 1:00 a.m. chatting.   We also had Pedro come back and help us fix the boiler. 

I have learned a surprising  amount about fixing machines and pipes and toilets etc.....
   
While I was with my Zone Leader friend, we contacted a man that said "Listen, I respect your religion, and you will respect mine."  We asked him what his was. "I believe in la Santa Muerte" He had a large statue in his house of this saint - which he let us see. We had a long chat about that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment