Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mozart & 4 Peso Gorditas


The big break-through this week is that we found Gorditas for 4 pesos!!

On another day a man that was selling tacos with his wife on the side of a road shouted at us to come over and talk to them. His sister is a recent convert and he met several missionaries though her. They gave us a free plate of tacos and agreed to listen to a lesson.

On Thursday I drank some sour milk and then we had some mystery meal that made me sick. That night we were walking to an appointment and I had to sit down because I was feeling pretty nauseous.  A bit later I threw-up a few times. I will spare you the details. Ha - it was kind of freaking out the natives who were walking by. While I was in that state a woman went up to my comp to ask what was wrong and he ended getting in a great conversation with her about why we missionaries go through what we go through. After I finished up I felt great and wiped my face and we went and taught a very solid lesson to the daughter of a new convert and our plumber (see below). 

I bought some batteries from a street vendor this week. Ya, they lasted about five minutes. The man had barely recharged them and then wrapped them in plastic. 

Whenever we leave the house here a large dog walks over to the door to greet us. The missionaries before us fed him and named him Mozart. He is super loyal to us now but he is also filthy dirty – so I am not that excited about him jumping up on me.

A recent convert in this area came over to help us fix some stuff in the house. He is a plumber and our shower hasn't been working. I had tried cleaning the shower head and when that didn't work, I tried untwisting the pipe to see what was blocking the water. It was so rusted that it snapped leaving part of the pipe inside the rivets. Our friend helped us clean it out and get it working again. Now we need to figure out how to fix the air conditioning.


I forgot to mention last week that the way we heat our water for showers is that we fill a bucket with water and then put the iron inside for about 15 minutes.


If you could zoom in on this picture you would see a baseball game going on in the middle of the frame

No comments:

Post a Comment