Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gas Tank



I told you about a man a bit ago. He was the guy had a part of his intestine hanging out. We have taught him several times now and he is a really humble man. This week while talking with him we asked him a question and while he sat there thinking about it, we heard a voice from inside the house answer the question. Ha, we said, "woa, hey you can come out and talk with us." The mystery woman said she was too embarrassed. She had a lot of interest so we just went with it and taught the whole lesson to her without seeing her face. We even left a Book of Mormon. 


hahah that is a gas tank.  There are several gas companies here in Mexico. There are two types of gas tanks: 1) stationary and 2) the one that you see.  With both types you can call the gas company (which always have trucks with large tanks in the back) going around the neighborhoods. They play the company's theme song and they will either fill your stationary tanks or replace your removable one. But this costs a little more money and a lot of people here don't have addresses so their houses are hard to find. So they take their tank to the local gas fill up stations. They are super creative in getting them moved around.

It is interesting how many people believe in predestination. I have heard a lot here that "everything happens for a reason," which is true in the sense that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It just seems crazy to me that everything happens for a divine reason. What would even be the point of coming here if it was all worked out before hand. It would be a puppet show. Some people talk about how two weeks before they were skate boarding and fell and broke their leg. Then they say "I don't know why God did this to me but I am sure it is for my benefit".  Hmm or you maybe just shouldn't try a 360 near fire hydrants. 

We had an activity this morning with our zone. We played volleyball, which had to be one of the funnest hour's of my mission. It was the first time playing in 14 months. Then we put blankets on the net and started playing human battle ship with water balloons. everyone would sit down on one side of the net and people would take turns trying to hit people on the other side with a tag teemed towel toss but that lasted about two minutes and then somehow it erupted into an all out water fight. The sister missionaries went the craziest. They knocked a few elders over with their softball throws. 

I don't know if i told you but I was walking a bit back and a nail snagged my pants and ripped them all the way down the shin.  ha oops. I had them sewed 3-4 times. They might be only forty percent of the same material I brought here but, when i finish my mission, they will finish with me! =)  Actually, I also bought some other pants last week, so I am set.  
Love you guys. Give Cate my congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment