Monday, August 4, 2014

Lobo - Out



I was dying laughing about the Jim Gaffigan stuff f that you put in my package about lobster. While I was reading it, crazily my comp said, without knowing what I was reading, "I’m hungry. I feel like sea food; maybe lobster."    haha  Actually maybe it was for spending too much time together but that would happen all the time between us. One would say something and it would be exactly what the other was thinking about.  
We went to Torreon once again to get my comps knee checked out. It’s about an hours’ journey. The last time we had gone to the wrong doctor and the detour cost us 2-3 hours. This time we got there on the first try. The doctor is a member and an awesome lady.  We were cracking jokes while she was checking E. Lobos knee about how they would need to amputate it.

During the testimony meeting one older lady apparently didn’t get to share her testimony, but luckiyl she said the closing prayer. She started talking about Joseph Smith and saying in the prayer how she was grateful for it then kind of went into detail about it and it turned into a full blown testimony about the church. Ha, a subliminal message to the investigators. She ended by saying  "this is my testimony and I share it in the name of .... amen.  =D   There is a part of the other side of heaven  that is very similar. My comps opened our eyes at the end and instantly looked at each other – haha.

We contacted an older gal of about 80 years old, and went back later to teach her and her "son" as we thought. Well turns out that this 32ish  guy is her husband. =O     They went to church on a moped. She straps herself in and loves riding. What a champ lady!   
My district


A family that lives really close to the Fonsecas sent me two big jars of peanut butter!

My comp told everyone at church yesterday that i was heading out. Sucker ha. After 3 months together, my bud Lobo is heading out. He is a super solid guy.Actually it is really cool. He worked through some stuff about a year ago of something and since has been jr comp. Now he is going to be district leader to finish the mish off.


My next comp is one of my best friends that I met months ago on the mish - sooo Im pretty excited. My new comp is from Guatemala. He is a stud. Prob going to byu or utah state after so you will probably meet him. 



Didnt know that your kid went to europe....did ya?


If you can see it, the part on the right is a huge sand storm that over took us 20 seconds after I took the photo. This week was crazy with weather. Right after the sand storm a huge rainstorm hit us. We have  a small  patio back yards it filled with six inches of water and started entering the house.  The houses and streets are definitely not built for such weather and everyone had water dripping gin the house. 





No comments:

Post a Comment