Monday, August 12, 2013

Elizabeth


 
The news of the week is that Elizabeth, the chemistry student we have been teaching, was baptized on Saturday. I have high hopes for her. It was very nice.

The new comp is really great. He is not full of pride so I can totally work with this.  We sat down on our first day and talked about how we would follow the rules to the dot and so far he definitely is getting up earlier than some other elders.  

 I loved the letters from Reed & Lois.  Reed needs to write more; he has quite the gift.  

 Zach is a stud and he will do well on the mission.

So Beazer’s 7 year old daughter is still in love with me? Madison has character. Give her 15 years and heck - she has a shot. =)  

Thanks for the stories from Montana and Canada. Did mom really clap on your hike to scare away the bears? The last thing I remember before leaving home was watching a TV special at the barbershop while I was getting a hair cut from a bald barber. The program was a special on bears coming into areas dominated by humans.  A man sat in a reinforced metal box, sort of like a shark cage, and filmed bears coming and slamming into the box.  

I was talking to another missionary and he told me that in the MTC he didn’t receive a single email from his parents and even now all he receives is a short paragraph every couple of weeks saying to work hard and don’t embarrass the family.  So thank you for the meaningful letters and pictures.

Love you all.

Speen

No comments:

Post a Comment