Monday, August 25, 2014

Captain America


We have been teaching a family that lives in a small store near our house. It’s a weird environment because we teach them and people are always entering the store and one of the kids goes to attend to the customers. But we still feel the spirit and as we talk, the surrounding distractions melt away. The mom has cried several times during our discussions - which is kind of what we are looking for as missionaries. They cry and we shoot our hand in the air in a victory fist pump. The son is a fun little guy. This week he grabbed my sunscreen from my backpack and I don’t know if he didn’t know what it was or if he was just smelling it to see how it smelled, but I was talking to his dad and I heard the cream shoot out and we looked over and he had his face covered in globs of the creams, especially up his nose. He has this super shocked facial expression that said, "crap what just happened to me?" I was dying.


My comp and I super tight. We have been running every morning. That will be something I will be looking forward to when I am home and on the prowl looking for future wifey. She has to go running with me. The thing is I have only been able to run maybe 5 times in the last year, apart from running from dogs and trying to catch buses. Well the first day we ran together I was super excited and I was like Captain America when he turned from being a dweeb to mister muscles. I jumping over things and pushed myself super hard. And the next day...... I coudn´t walk. Yup one old lady told me "hey boy you got something wrong with your legs, you are walking like me."  =D


My comp offered to wash one of my shirts. Stud. He threw it into a bucket with his shirts than used the chuga chuga (wooden pole with half of a 2 liter bottle screwed to one end). It was late so went to bed leaving the clothes in the bucket, which we do a lot. Guess we used the wrong bucket or someone left a pen in the shirt because the shirts came out with a strong blue color. We just starred at them for a while. ha


No comments:

Post a Comment