Monday, August 25, 2014

Scorpions and Garbage


A dog started following us this week. We named him Casper; tiny little adorable thing. Well, he followed us for about ten minutes and became my best friend. We past a house and two bigger bully dogs tried to eat him, and I on pure instinct lurched at them and shouted: NO! MI PERRO! I looked up and saw that I had scared several Mexican citizens in the street. They were looking at me..... We contacted them and acted as if nothing had happened. 

We found and trapped a scorpion in the house.  I looked up online what we should feed it.
The pointed stinger and body shape may have earned the scorpion a bad reputation, but in truth among the 2000 known scorpion species, only forty scorpions have venom strong enough to kill humans. Most of the poisonous scorpions are found South America, India, Middle East, Mexico and Africa. 
Comforting.

It also said that they can live for up to a year on eating just one insect. I told my comp that it will die before he gets home. haha

My area : San Luis 2 (in TorreĆ³n)



It’s been some interesting several weeks. My last comp and current have excelled in their lives. In sports, in school, socially and everything they have done.  It seems like the harder my companions have worked in life the more enjoyable the time is with them. They know more about the world; the conversation is better; they are funnier, more disciplined...   I have enjoyed knowing all of my comps, but some are definitely easier to develop a bond with.  

It’s hard and fun to charge areas. You get to meet a ton of new people...... but you have to meet a ton of new people; if you know what I mean.  But with one week we are already all buds here.   Last night we had a family night with two families that were recently baptized. We made banana pancakes and really just enjoyed the time joking around. But we also shared a message for a few minutes and they really opened up.  I have learned that people are converted by the way they feel and not just by fact or arguments. They want a friend; someone that will understand them.  It was a very enjoyable week.



This is the dumpster where we put the garbage.  Mexi garbage men took the day or month off.



No comments:

Post a Comment