Monday, August 25, 2014

Youd


Wow seems like life at home is really calm right now....pretty much nothing big happening..... glad I´m here.....haha

I had transfers today. E. Hernandez and I knew that we would only have two weeks together because he is finishing the mish off and will train. But it really fun to know that I was heading out before hand because we both gave it all we had to really enjoy the two week and last night I was able to say goodbye to all of the families. We never get to do that because they tell at 1030 at night and we are gone in the morning. There were some pretty tender moments, it actually surprised me how much loved they sent me off with.  But, I didn’t cry.... = )     

My new comp is Elder Youd from Oregon. Stud. I know him from earlier days on the mission - it will be a good time. 




This week we met a 20 year old kid that told us that he was a rapper. My comp dropped a beat and the kid dropped what was the equivalent of the song of buddy the elf. Sang what came to his mind in a rhyme. Nailed it! Then he was telling us how to spell something and said K as in .... queso.  We almost busted up. But he was a good kid.

We ate chili habaneras’ which are supposed to be the spiciest. They weren’t actually that hot. I think that because my mustache is growing so quickly now and I am becoming more Mexican and can handle the chili.

We have been visiting a family for several weeks and have seen great changes. When we first got there only the dad would listen to us. The next time the son started to listen and then the daughter. After listening for a short time they would normally leave the room. But the progress was visible every time we showed up. One night we got there and they were all very stressed for the economic problems they face. We talked about the purpose of life and the spirit had a definite presence.   My comp repeated a saying here – “Don’t tell God how large your problem is; tell your problem how large God is. I expounded on that and there was a moment when the mother, who was listening in, had that moment of understanding.  She said: “It seems like we have been drowning in a cup of water.”   Since then they have all listened in and even invited friends and family members to listen in. They walked several miles to get to church yesterday.

We talked to the wife of that family one day and she told us that her husband used to be a terrible alcoholic but since the day we showed up he has completely stopped. They all look so much happier now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment